Terms & conditions
Please read these carefully. We have written them in straightforward English rather than legalese, and they are not very long.
By agreeing to these terms, you’re authorising us to:
- try to recover data from the storage device(s) you specify (which may void any manufacturer’s warranty);
- receive and transport the storage device(s) and/or data, as necessary to the data recovery operation;
- retain the storage device(s) unless you explicitly request otherwise (we like to keep devices where possible, for recycling parts—this helps us keep our prices lower for you);
- transfer any recovered data to an external hard drive, either supplied by yourself, or supplied by us additional to the quoted recovery price;
- hold a copy of any recovered data on our computer system for 10 working days, in case there are mishaps with data transfer at your end (after this time we will delete your recovered data from our system).
Responsibility, liability & warranty
You’re also agreeing and acknowledging that:
- You’re the legal owner (or the authorised representative of the legal owner) for the specified storage device(s), and all data thereon.
- You’re aware that in any data recovery operation there’s an inherent risk of further damage to the storage device(s) being worked on. This means there’s a possibility that trying to recover data from your device(s) will render some or all such recovery impossible. We take every reasonable precaution to ensure your data remains intact, and your storage device(s) operational, but we cannot offer any kind of warranty.
- You must authorise via email any quote we provide before we can commence work (we may also, at our discretion, require a deposit, or a 15% surcharge if you request an urgent recovery).
- You will pay us promptly on completion of work, and prior to our delivering any recovered data to you.
- You, as the owner/authorised representative of the data we’re trying to recover, are responsible for its loss. If your device has already failed, or fails while we’re trying to get data off it, or if we can’t recover some or all of your data for any reason, we cannot be held responsible for this. Nor are we liable for any damages which may result to you or your business. Our liability is limited to the agreed price for the services you’ve authorised us to perform.
- You will inspect any data we recover within 48 hours of receiving it. If for some reason you are dissatisfied with the quantity or quality of data recovered, you must notify us immediately via email. We will then try to recover your data using other options. However, should this prove unsuccessful, we will refund (less labour & parts costs) what you have paid, or pro rata the amount of data recovered as calculated by our software. Please note that we consider a 95%+ recovery of data to be a fair and reasonable job, with the expectation of full payment as per your authorised quote.
- Your quote may indicate specific parts required for the recovery operation to be successful. However, should the operation prove unsuccessful, we may still need to invoice you for the parts used, simply to cover costs.
- You must collect your data and/or storage device(s) from us within 90 days. After this period, we may dispose of them without liability.
- Should you make no attempt to pay for the completed data recovery operation after 45 days, we will take ownership of your device, and we may seek legal remedy to pursue the outstanding payment and any incurred legal costs.
We will not disclose any information or data files supplied with, stored on, or removed from your storage device(s), except to our own employees or agents, and subject to confidentiality agreements—or as required by New Zealand law.Start a data recovery
Fill in the form below to start the data recovery process...
If you'd prefer a real person to walk you through this, call us on 0800 77 77 22 and Darren will help you out.