Lost data? Don’t panic…
In almost every case, we can get your files back. Even from a device you might think is a lost cause. (More on that below.)
Right now, you’re probably stressed out because you’ve not only lost data, but you have to figure out who to trust with recovering it.
We don’t suggest jumping to any decisions. Take some time to compare your options. We’ll try to make it as easy for you as we can, by speaking as plainly as possible (no techno-babble)…
Why customers choose us
- Any kind of data loss. There are only two circumstances where data recovery is physically impossible: when a drive has been professionally blanked, or had its platters scored. The first is very rare. For any other situation, recovery is usually possible. We can often recover even devices damaged by flood or fire.
- Any kind of device. There hasn’t been a consumer storage device invented that we can’t get data off. If you bought it on planet earth, we’ve already seen it, and gotten data off it before—probably many times. This includes phones in addition to more “traditional” storage like hard drives and USB sticks.
- Prices our competitors hate. We only charge you if we can recover your data. There’s generally no inspection fee. The simplest kind of recovery (a data transfer) only costs $129. Flash or SD recoveries are typically $125–$295. Most hard drive recoveries are between $350 and $425. Very specialised jobs cost more, but this is less common. Because every recovery is different, we always quote on a case-by-case basis and wait for your go-ahead. See our pricing page for more information
- Unbeaten success rate. For typical jobs our success rate is, in the words of our recovery technician James, “damn near 100%.” We obviously cannot guarantee anything, but James actually can’t remember the last time he couldn’t get the data back from a common failure scenario. For more unusual jobs, where a device is quite far gone, the success rate dips down to around 85%. To the best of our knowledge, this is higher than any other data recovery business.
- Top-shelf recovery equipment. Some data recovery outfits will just plug your device into a PC and run a consumer-grade recovery app over it. You could do that yourself! We use dedicated forensic-grade hardware-level recovery tools. One is imported from Russia. Another is approved by the US Department of Homeland Security. These communicate with your device directly, vastly improving our data recovery options. Read more
- Privacy guaranteed. We are legally bound to ensure the security of any sensitive information we recover. This is something we take very seriously, because if our customers stopped trusting us, our business would collapse.
- Same-week turnaround. We’ll diagnose your device and send you a quote within 24 hours. The recovery process itself can take up to a week. Often it is much quicker, but we can only get data off your device as fast as it will let us—and if it’s damaged, and there’s a lot of data, that can take time. We’ll always keep you informed of your recovery’s progress. If your job is especially urgent, please let us know when you request the recovery, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
...nearly 50% cheaper and did the job well
See more reviews
How our recovery process works
- You send your device to us. You don’t need to download any forms—you can do everything on this site by clicking the green button below. Or, call 0800 77 77 22 and Darren will walk you through it personally. Once we have your details, you can drop into your nearest post shop to courier your device to us.
- We do a free diagnosis. Once we know what’s wrong, we’ll send you a quote for recovery through our job-ticketing system. You can then decide whether to go ahead or not.
- We temporarily repair the device. Once you authorise the recovery, we get the device working for long enough to extract the data, and queue the drive for imaging.
- We create a disk “image”. Using the specialised equipment we’ve imported (because you can’t get it in NZ), we do a hardware-level read over the drive to build what’s called an image of every readable bit of data. This bypasses the operating system entirely and vastly increases our success rate—but it can take several days, or in rare cases even weeks.
- We extract the data. Once the data image is built, we circumnavigate or repair any filesystem damage using data extraction tools. This cleans the image up and pieces together whatever usable files are still present.
- We “clone” the data to a new drive. Basically we copy all the good, readable files onto an external hard drive for you, so you can copy them back to your computer. You can send us an external drive if you prefer, or we can provide one for a fair price.
- We send you an invoice. Only once your data is safe and sound on the external drive will we invoice you. If for some reason we can’t get your data back, there is no charge. We want you to be absolutely confident that you’re not going to end up paying for nothing.
- Delivery. Once we’ve received payment, we promptly courier the external hard drive back to you, with all your files safely stored on it. We also hold a copy of your data on our servers for two weeks, in case anything happens with the courier or the transfer back onto your computer.
Want us to look at your device?
Now you know how it all works. If you’d like to find out whether we can recover your data (we probably can) and how much it will cost (probably not too much), why not start the process by hitting the green button below? Or if you still have questions, or would rather talk to someone in person, give us a call on 0800 77 77 22 and Darren will help you out.Start a data recovery
Fill in the form below to start the data recovery process...
If you'd prefer a real person to walk you through this, call us on 0800 77 77 22 and Darren will help you out.